- Self catering chalet accommodation situated in the Central Drakensberg’s Champagne Valley in close proximity to the Okhahlamba World Heritage site.
- Our family run resort is centrally situated in the heart of the Champagne valley, in the World Heritage site buffer zone, with panoramic views of the Central Drakensberg mountain range.
- We have 9 fully equipped self catering chalets and can sleep a total 56 people .
- 2 Suite chalets – 2 bedrooms en suite-2 available
- 3 Suite chalets – 3 bedrooms en suite-2 available
- Family chalets – 3 bedrooms 1 bathroom-2 available
- Group chalets – 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms-3 available
COVID-19 protocols. Fortunately at Wits End we offer well spaced chalets so guests are able to self-isolate..We have plenty of outdoor space including an extensive network of nature trails on our 80 hectare property, and a lake for boating & fishing, so guests will be able to limit contact with others. During this period of Covid-19 we ask guests to adhere to social distancing protocols and wear face masks in public areas. To avoid contact we will no longer service the private areas in the chalets but on request will do dishes and sweep the lounge area and clean the braai area.
See our Virtual Tour
Wits End is an easy drive on all-weather roads from the main centers, 4 to 5 hours from Johannesburg and 2 to 3 hours from Durban.
Map to Wits End
Wits End is a nature lover’s paradise. We have a large lake, with fishing & boating, and an extensive network of private nature trails spread over 80 hectares of pristine mountain landscape, 2 rock pools with adjoining LAPA, and a child’s play area. We have an on site functions and wedding venue,with a chapel both seating 150 guests, and cater for groups.
Wits End has become one of the most popular wedding venues in the area, and has also become a popular venue for groups, be they corporate, family get together’s,interest groups or friends.. Besides the formal functions building, there is an adjoining duel purpose chapel /activity room and a less formal LAPA by the pool. Our lake is well stocked with Large Mouth Bass and Yellowfish and some sizable catches have been recorded. We also have canoes and row boats for our guests to use.
- Hiking in the World Heritage Site
- Golfing- Champagne Sports Resort has one of the best golf courses in South Africa, and Monks Cowl Country Club a 9 hole course
- Scenic helicopter flips
- Canopy tour
- Adventure center-All out adventures-zip line,paint ball etc.
- Scootours, electric bike valley tours
- Birds of prey show
- Reptile center
- Visit to the rock art site at Giant’s Castle
- Hike to Rock art site in Injasuti
- Bee & honey tours at Scrumpy Jacks – Good coffees as well
- Bowls at the Nest hotel
The area offers many attractions, several hotels, restaurants and pubs and convenience stores for provisions.The central Drakensberg offers a vast array of activities, and the Champagne Valley in particular is well suited to make your holiday one to remember. Situated below Cathkin peak, with Champagne Castle (3377 meters), the second highest peak in the Drakensberg range in the background, framed by Injasuti (3469 meters) on the left and the Dragons back on the right, truly a spectacular view. The valley has many activities including:-
And to pamper yourself… Several spa’s and beauty treatments
And for the hungry and not so hungry… Valley bakery is a must for delectable coffee and delights. Ama Ady’s coffee shop – good coffee & delectable treats
And for the hungry… For the very hungry- extensive buffets at the Drakensberg Sun and Drakensberg Sports Resort
And don’t forget the beer… Champagne Valley brewery for locally brewed craft beers. Some of the hops used are even grown in the area