COVID-19 protocols. At Wits End we offer well spaced chalets and plenty of outdoor space including an extensive network of nature trails on our 80 hectare property, and a lake for boating & fishing, so guests will be able to limit contact with others.
We have taken special precautions to protect our guests and staff.
- All staff will be screened on arrival and temperatures will be taken.
- Staff will all wear face masks and keep social distancing
- Chalets will only be serviced on your departure and staff will adhere to servicing protocol.
- Before your arrival all surfaces, door handles will be sanitized.
- All magazines and other reading material has been removed.
- No consumables will be available in the chalets, You will be given a new consumable pack on arrival
- All bedding is removed after your departure in separate laundry bags and fresh linen provided.
- We ask guests to bring their own blankets. Blankets are available but guests will be required to pay for dry cleaning of these items after use.
- Guests will be screened on arrival and temperatures taken
- Guests will me required to wear face masks when using common areas.
- Social distancing is a requirement
- Chalet accommodation situated in the Central Drakensberg’s Champagne Valley in close proximity to the Okhahlamba World Heritage site and offering the best of what the Drakensberg has to offer.
- Our family run resort is centrally situated in the heart of the Champagne valley, in the World Heritage site buffer zone, with panoramic views of the Central Drakensberg mountain range. We have 9 fully equipped self catering chalets and can sleep a total 56 people .
- 2 Suite chalets – 2 bedrooms en suite-2 available
- 3 suite chalets – 3 bedrooms en suite-2 available
- family chalets – 3 bedrooms 1 bathroom-2 available
- Group chalets – 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms-3 available
See our Virtual Tour
Wits End is an easy drive on all-weather roads from the main centers, 4 to 5 hours from Johannesburg and 2 to 3 hours from Durban.
Map to Wits End
Wits End is a nature lover’s paradise. We have a large lake, with fishing & boating, and an extensive network of private nature trails spread over 80 hectares of pristine mountain landscape, 2 rock pools with adjoining LAPA, and a child’s play area. We have an on site functions and wedding venue,with a chapel both seating 150 guests, and cater for groups.
Wits End has become one of the most popular wedding venues in the area, and has also become a popular venue for groups, be they corporate, family get together’s,interest groups or friends.. Besides the formal functions building, there is an adjoining duel purpose chapel /activity room and a less formal LAPA by the pool. Our lake is well stocked with Large Mouth Bass and Yellowfish and some sizable catches have been recorded. We also have canoes and row boats for our guests to use.
- Hiking in the World Heritage Site
- Golfing- Champagne Sports Resort has one of the best golf courses in South Africa, and Monks Cowl Country Club a 9 hole course
- Scenic helicopter flips
- Canopy tour
- Adventure center-All out adventures-zip line,paint ball etc.
- Scootours, electric bike valley tours
- Birds of prey show
- Reptile center
- Visit to the rock art site at Giant’s Castle
- Hike to Rock art site in Injasuti
- Bee & honey tours at Scrumpy Jacks – Good coffees as well
- Bowls at the Nest hotel
The area offers many attractions, several hotels, restaurants and pubs and convenience stores for provisions.The central Drakensberg offers a vast array of activities, and the Champagne Valley in particular is well suited to make your holiday one to remember. Situated below Cathkin peak, with Champagne Castle (3377 meters), the second highest peak in the Drakensberg range in the background, framed by Injasuti (3469 meters) on the left and the Dragons back on the right, truly a spectacular view. The valley has many activities including:-
And to pamper yourself… Several spa’s and beauty treatments
And for the hungry and not so hungry… Valley bakery is a must for delectable coffee and delights. Ama Ady’s coffee shop – good coffee & delectable treats.
And for the hungry… For the very hungry- extensive buffets at the Drakensberg Sun and Drakensberg sports resort.
And don’t forget the beer… Champagne Valley brewery for locally brewed craft beers. Some of the hops used are even grown in the area.